Sunday, December 11, 2005

SLIDESHOW-Nepal

CLICK HERE or on the image to download slideshow.

We left Varanasi thinking we would have a somewhat hard 2 days of train and bus travel to Pokhara, Nepal where we would start the Anapurna trek. Unfortunately, it took 3 days and was some of the worst travel conditions yet, and I was was feeling the sickest I have felt in my life. I picked up yet another stomach bug, and when you are travelling on a rickety bus with chickens in the seat next to you, horns honking non-stop, it can make you wish you were home in a hot bath. However, you cannot, we pressed on, and we finally arrived to the glorious sight of the Anapurna range on the horizon. Unfortunatley, my iPod was stolen from me while I was passed out sick on the bus, but we are both ecstatic to be here. These photos of are our first day in Pokhara, which we love. We are headed out trekking in 2 days, which will give me a little more time to recover. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home