Saturday, January 14, 2006

VIDEO-Through a Land of Darkness to Reach the Tree of Light

CLICK HERE or on the image to stream video.

It was a tough 4 days as you can read in the entry below, but we made it, even though we had doubts that we would at several times during the journey. When we arrived at this oasis, we were greeted by the sight of monks from all over the world dressed in white, safron, yellow, and red robes chanting and doing prostrations (bowing up and down many times). One cannot but help to feel the profound energy and importance that emanates from this sight, where thousands of monks have been meditating for thousands of years. Upon arrival we circled the grounds which contain many Bodhi trees, temples, and stupas, found a comfortable spot under the same tree as Buddha reached enlightenment and tried to do the same...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would love to travel to these places. i'm very jealous.

6:06 PM  
Blogger DiaKL said...

Your blog is amazing! I can travel throu it with you to all the amazing places you visit and taste a little bit of your experience, I envy you:)
all the best :)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I like your streaming videos! I recently posted clip from my African Safari video on my Save the Animals post.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I like your streaming videos! I recently posted a clip from my African Safari video on my Save the Animals post.

12:49 PM  
Blogger sunkissed said...

Hey guys, pretty cool blog! It was one of those listed in the "Blogs of Note" portion in the blogger site so clicked on it and good for you two, you guys have been all around most of south east asia already. How come you didn't include the Philippines in your itinerary? Maybe you guys should visit us sometime. Keep on posting!

11:53 PM  
Blogger flashaltman said...

Awesome blog, and great music. This is the first time I've come to the site, but I'm going to come back when I have more time and check out the other posts.

Keep the content coming, this blog is one of a kind. Inspirational for other young people, musicians or not, to get out and see the world.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home